Professional License in UAE
Update: For obtaining a Professional License in UAE from the mainland, there is no requirement of appointing a Local Service Agent. It is based on the amendments in the Commercial Companies Law.
In UAE, the professional License type is the most in-demand trade license category. Professional or Consultancy License in UAE is available from both Free Zones and the Mainland. There are certain steps in obtaining a professional license in UAE. It enables 100% foreign ownership for the investor.
Previously, there is a requirement for a UAE local Service Agent to obtain a Professional License in the Mainland of UAE. There is 100% foreign ownership in the professional license category and the local service agent has no role in the ownership or operations.
Professional License in UAE Free Zones
Above all, the Free Zones offer a series of business benefits for the companies opening their offices. There is world-class infrastructure available for the business to easily scale up.
Now, let’s look at the business setup process in the UAE Free Zones
Legal business types in Free Zones
There are two major types of legal business types in the Free Zones of UAE
- Free Zone Limited Liability Company (FZ LLC) or Free Zone Company (FZC)
- Free Zone Establishment (FZE)
The main difference between the legal business types is the number of shareholders. Depending on the number of shareholders the investor can choose between the legal business types.
Also, depending on whether the shareholder is a holding company or an individual owner, the company’s legal structure will vary. Meanwhile, all the Free Zones in UAE do not register both types.
In such cases, expert Business Consultants such as AURION will assist in choosing the desired legal structure depending on the business requirements. The team will also help to check the feasibility of your desired business activities across the various free zones of the UAE.
How to get a Professional License in UAE Free Zones?
Firstly, choose the right business type and business activity. Then, proceed for the Trade name confirmation. Secondly, submit all the required documents and make the fee payment. Subsequently, obtain a professional license in UAE Free Zone and choose an office space.
Also, while obtaining all the pre-approvals and including the company details with the Chamber of Commerce. Lastly, make all the outstanding payments to the respective Free Zone and get the Professional License from the UAE Free Zone.
Aurion will help in getting all the approvals by submitting the documents to the Free Zone Authorities.
For UAE Freezone Professional License, reach out to us here!
Professional License from the Mainland in UAE
In the mainland of UAE, it is 100% owned by foreign investors. There are many advantages to a professional trade license in Dubai Mainland. The investor can open a Civil Company while applying for a professional license in the Dubai Mainland.
Presently, there is no requirement for a UAE National as a local service agent to complete the business licensing process. Previously, the agent coordinate the administrative processes for a yearly fee.
However, now there is no more a mandatory requirement for having a UAE National as a local service agent to complete the business licensing process. The Dubai Economy or DED that issue the Professional license in Dubai Mainland.
Procedures to get a Professional License in UAE
- The application form for obtaining the Professional License from the Mainland of UAE.
- Prepare a Memorandum of Association (MOA) with the Dubai Economy for the new company.
- For Civil Company registration, there are additional documentation
- All partners have to attend the notary to sign the court agreement
- Get the tenancy contract approval ready
- Submit all the attested forms to the DED
- Submit the passport copies of the partners, & any NoCs to the DED
- Make the required payment for the issuance of the professional license via authorized payment options specified by DED.
Who needs a Professional License in Dubai?
There is an immense requirement for trusted service providers in the services sector of UAE. Individuals and companies can offer their consultancy services in UAE by obtaining a professional license in Dubai.
Activities that are categorized under the Professional License in Dubai
- Construction Engineering Consultancy
- Electronic Engineering Consultancy
- Mechanical Engineering Consultancy
- Science & Technology Consultancy
- Safety Consultancy
- Advertising Consultancy
- Fashion Designing
- Hotel Management Consultancy
- Facilities Management
- Immigration Consultancy
- Corporate Services Provider
- Educational Consultancy
- Health Awareness Consultancy
- Marketing Research & Consultancy
- Project Management Consultancy
- Media Consultancy
- Event Management Consultancy
- Travel & Tourism
- Health & Fitness Consultancy
- Real Estate Consultancy
- IT Consultancy
- Aviation Consultancy
Professional License Renewal in Dubai
The Professional License in Dubai, UAE is renewable on a yearly basis. Depending on the business jurisdictions, the company renewal process varies slightly.
However, generally, the License Renewal starts by submitting the documents of the company to the specific authorities. AURION will guide investors with license renewals and other business support services as the company focuses on its core activities.
Below are the steps to renew a Professional License in Dubai
- Valid Tenancy Contract (at least 3 months) from the application date (Hence, ensure the tenancy contract is renewed before you apply for professional license renewal)
- Get the required approvals from the authorities to renew the license.
- There is no additional government authority clearance for a Professional License unless the business activity is on the pre-approval list.
- Submit the valid tenancy contract, Ejari attestation, and renewal form to the DED.
- Also, submit any supporting documents to DED as per requirement.
- Make the payment through the authorized channels and receive the renewed Professional License.
Contact: Aurion Business Consultants