Dubai Airport Free Zone Company Formation
- Company Registration in DAFZA
Company Setup in DAFZA
Dubai Airport Free Zone Authority (DAFZA) is the Licensing Authority that can issue Licenses for expatriate investors to operate business within Free zone, outside Freezone ( subject to customs regulations) and internationally.
Dubai Airport Free Zone is located adjacent to Dubai International Airport and designed to provide premium facilities to the business fraternity worldwide. DAFZA companies can be incorporated at a cost starting from approx. AED 41,790 for 6 sq.m Office and the License (Smart Desk Package). There are hundreds of business activities that can be Licensed and it includes Consultancy, Trading, Manufacturing, IT Services, Aviation services, Mobile phone and accessories trading, food stuff trading etc.
Dubai Airport Free Zone Authority is one of the VAT exempted Free Trade Zones in Dubai and it has the easiest and simple company formation processes. The requirements for company setup in DAFZA are minimal and cost for setting up a company is reasonable.
In fact, the success of Dubai Airport Freezone truly reflects the success of Dubai. Now one of the most dynamic and diverse cities in the world with nationalities from 180 countries, Dubai has implemented e-governance and hence there is transparency in all licensing procedures.
Situated at a strategic location that provides access to 2.5 billion consumers across Europe, Asia, and the Middle East, it’s no surprise that companies thrive here. Dubai Airport Free Zone prides itself on its state-of-the-art facilities and location. What makes Dubai Free Zone stand out though is the tailor-made Company Registration Packages and the host of investor benefit it offers.
The commitment to delivering quality across the Company Registration process is even recognized by worldwide certificates held by Dubai Airport Free Zone: ISO 9001:2008, ISO 14001:2004, OHSAS 18001:2007, ISO 27001:2005, ISO 10002:2004 and ISO 20000-1:2005.
In addition to various regional and international awards, Dubai Airport Freezone ranked 2nd in the world and 1st in the Middle East by Financial Times FDI Magazine’s global ranking of the Freezones.
Another major advantage for the investor for choosing Dubai Airport Free Zone is connectivity. The integrated infrastructure and proximity to Dubai International Airport with 150 airlines and over 220 destinations make traveling to and from your office simple and straightforward for you, your employees and your clients.
Since Dubai Airport Freezone businesses operate around the clock, there is 24-hour customer service and rapid cargo clearance through a dedicated logistics center to facilitate easy trade.
VAT Exempted Free Zone – Dubai Airport Free Zone
DAFZA is one of the VAT Exempted Free Zone Dubai. Investors setting up a company in the Free Zone can avail the benefits of a VAT Exempted Free Zone.
A VAT Exempted Free Zone allows the investors to be out of the VAT Scope for every sales transaction within the Free Zone or between two VAT Exempted Free Zones. Any service rendered or transfer of goods out of the Free Zone to the mainland or other Free Zones are subjected to VAT.
Expert Business Consultants at AURION will advise you more on the VAT Exemptions and regulatory compliance investors must follow while registering a business in DAFZA. The team renders full support to investors for company formation, leasing office, visas, chamber registration, VAT Registration, and more in DAFZA.
How to setup a Freezone Company in DAFZA?
To set up a company in DAFZA the investor must follow certain steps. It is best advised to take the assistance of Business Consultants to have seamless company incorporation. Expert Business Consultants at AURION will guide investors to set up their company in DAFZA the right way.
The application form will be prepared and submitted to the authorities with the shareholder details and identification documents. The investor must choose the right business license and business activities based on their business plan and experience. The tenancy contract for the office space based on the business activities has to be prepared as the next step. Following the submission of the required documents, shareholding pattern, office space requirements, and the business license fee; the trade license will be issued by the authorities.
The investor can now apply for the UAE Residence Visa and open a corporate bank account to start operating the company transactions seamlessly. Team AURION will assist you in the end-to-end company formation process and allied business services based on your requirement. Connect with our expert team to get all your queries relating to company setup in DAFZA answered.
DAFZA Company Registration – Features
- The current rate of the office area is AED 2000 per sq. m.
- The minimum area available is 6.65 sq. m (Smart Desk Office Package).
- 5-star Infrastructures & Amenities.
- Strategical location for business.
- Easy access to Dubai Airport.
- The total cost for Smart Desk Office Package (office rent, license, registration, and associated fees) – Approximate AED 19,770 (USD 5,416)
- The timespan for obtaining a license is approximate 7 days.
- Visa Assistance will be provided by AURION.
- VAT (Value Added Tax) exempted free zone.
Types of Companies approved by DAFZA:
- Free Zone Company (FZCO), starting from 2 and up to 50 shareholders, for both individuals or companies or both. The requirement for capital is depending on the activity. FZCO 2-50 Shareholders.
- Branch of an Existing foreign company in Dubai Airport Free Zone – No special requirements for share capital.
- Subsidiary company – A foreign company can own 100% Shares of a Dubai Freezone company.
Dubai Airport Freezone License Packages Cost
Smart Office Package Details
|Description||Smart Desk Package
Fee (in AED)
|Business Desk Office Package
Fee (in AED)
|Office Area||6.65 Sq.m Office||12 Sq.m Office|
|Rent (including service charge)||16,625||30,000|
|Registration Fee (for FZCO only & one-time fee)||7,000||7,000|
|Knowledge & Innovation Fee||60||60|
|Total cost||AED 41,790||AED 55,165|
Note:- Office insurance non inclusive.
Freezone License Packages in DAFZA (Subject to Availability)
|Description||Premium Package Fee ( in AED)||Premium Plus Package Fee ( in AED)|
25 Sqm Office Space
50 Sqm Office Space
|Rent (including service charge)||
|Registration Fee ( for FZCO only & onetime fee)||
|Knowledge & Innovation Fee||
*Rent Calculated based on office area
General Trading License Package in DAFZA
Premium Office – 50 sqm office space including furniture and telephone equipment. 5-6 visa quota (visa cost is separate)
|DESCRIPTIONS||FEE IN AED|
|Office Area: 50 Sqm
Rate – 1-year Lease AED 2,500 per sqm – Annual fee
|General Trading License Fee – Annual Fee||50,000|
|Registration Fees – onetime payment||20,000|
|Establishment card Fee||2,020|
|Knowledge fee & innovation fees||60|
|P.O Box / Annual (Not Mandatory if there’s an existing PO BOX) – Annual fee||1,065|
|Memorandum of Association fee: AED 3,000||Free for a new company only|
|Parking Fee (optional)||1,097|
|TOTAL PACKAGE COST||199,242|
* General Trading License in DAFZA requires a minimum of 50 sqm office space.
* It is also required to deposit the Share Capital of AED 500,000
The required documents/details: Individual Shareholder/s:
- 3 Proposed company names and Brief Business activity 1 page is enough
- Passport copies of all the Shareholders – must be clear and colored copy
- 6 months personal bank statement – each shareholder
- CV or Profile of the shareholders/authorized manager (highlighting the business/work experiences)
New License Structure in DAFZA
There is a new License Structure now available in the Dubai Airport Free Zone for Company registration. Now, customers can choose activities from Trading, Service, and Industrial under the same license.
The primary type for the Business License will be determined as below.
|Activities||Primary Type for License|
|Trade + Service||Trade|
|Industrial + Service||Industrial|
|Trade + Industrial||Trade|
|Trade + Service + Industrial||Trade|
To know more about new License Structure and Fees of adding new business activities, talk to our expert consultants here!
Visa Cost in DAFZA
Employment Visa Cost in DAFZA is AED 5,407 (Including employment Visa Inside country application, residency stamp, medical test, visa status change, Emirates ID and urgent visa stamping).
Warehouse in DAFZA
1. LIGHT INDUSTRIAL UNITS (LIU) – (Inside Dubai Airport Free Zone): 350 sq.m ( there is approx.. 80-90 sq.m office space (Ground / mezzanine floor) already inside of warehouse unit).
Area: 353sq.m standard unit (80 – 90 sq.m is already office area)
Rate: AED 1,100 per sq.m + 10% Service Charge
Visa: 20 employment visas as entitlement
2. DAFZA Industrial Park: Dafza industrial park is a new cluster of warehouses under the administration of Dubai Airport Freezone. Which is 5 km away from Dubai Airport Free Zone Main office (Al Qusais, Dubai), it will take 10- 15 mins drive distance. The average unit is around 330 – 400 sq.m
Area: from 335 sq.m and above
Rate: AED 800 per sq.m
Visa: depended on the size of the unit. It is from 20 to 30 employment visas as entitlement.
Required documents for Company Formation in DAFZA
- Application Form – provided by Aurion
- Passport copy (shareholders, manager) along with residence visa page
(Optional) Passport copies of directors and secretary.
- No Objection Letter from Sponsor (for UAE based company only)
- Application Form – provided by Aurion
- Passport copy (shareholders, manager) along with residence visa page (Optional) Passport copies of directors and secretary
- Company profile/brochure or CV
- Audited Financial Report
- Notarized & Attested Certificate of Incorporation, MOA & POA
- Shareholders Resolution calling for the establishment of FZCO in DAFZA – provided by Aurion
How Aurion Will Assist You?
Our team of experts will support you in the following tasks involved in the Company Formation in DAFZA Free Zone.
- Preparation & Submission of Application Preparation / Review of Memorandum of Association Preparation / Review of Lease Agreement
- Assisting in Legal Attestation of Documents
- Liaison with Legal Department, Lease & Licensing Department.
- Company Bank Account Opening Assistance
- Obtaining Original Trade License
- Obtaining attested Original Memorandum of Association
- Obtaining the Original Lease Agreement
- Obtaining Certificate of Formation
- Obtaining Board Resolution
- Obtaining office keys
Timeline for Company Incorporation in DAFZA Freezone – 3-4 working days
Dubai Airport Freezone Authority License Renewal Requirements and Fees
- Trade License copy & Renewal fee.
- Good Standing Certificate from the registrar of the Mother Company (notarized and attested by the UAE Embassy from origin country and ministry of foreign affairs in UAE) for FZE & FZCO non-individual and branch only.
- Original Audited Financial Reports. (in case of delayed Audit Financial Report you may submit: undertaking letter from the company mentioning submission date, Appointment letter from the Audit company)
- Original Letter from the insurance company (workmen compensation insurance, fire and allied perils insurance, third party liability insurance minimum AED 2,000,000/-) undertaking letter can be submitted in case of delay of insurance.
AURION is a registered agent of Dubai Airport Freezone and provides entire assistance to investors, acting as a single window clearance agency.
PRO Service in Dubai Airport Freezone
Our expert professionals with uptodate knowledge act as PRO in Dubai Freezone. They get all the work done without any hassle to the Clients. Our team is having direct contact with various departments in Dubai Airport Freezone which makes it easy to expedite the process. We provide service in Company License renewal, Audit report arrangement, residence visa assistance in airport freezone, family visa assistance, tax residency certificate, VAT filing assistance, attestations, driving license assistance, bank account opening in dubai etc.
Termination / Winding Up / Closing Down of DAFZA Company
Closing company in DAFZA is a relatively hassle-free process for the investors. The Business owner must submit a notification to the authorities at least 3 months before to avoid any late fees.
Also, the investor/directors must issue a board resolution stating the closing of the company and then proceed with the next steps.
Aurion will assist you in the end-to-end process of company closing process in DAFZA and ensures investors the closing of company is processed the right way.
Following are the documents and procedure required for closing of DAFZA Company.
- Submitting the Company Closing request to the DAFZA Authorities
- Appointment of Liquidator for coordination of company closing
- Preparing Board Resolution by investor/directors for closing down company
- Clearance letters: NOCs from Etisalat, Customs
- Bank Account shall be authorized by Authorized Signatory
- Publishing in Local Arabic and English Newspapers
- Closing the audited balance sheet and settling creditors
- Cancelling employee visa and initiating final settlements
Termination / Liquidation Fee for DAFZA Company
The company closing fees for DAFZA is approx. AED 9,790 inclusive of liquidation fee, attested board resolution, newspaper publication, port & customs NOC etc.
Connect with our expert Business Consultants to know further about the Company Closing procedures in DAFZA.
|DAFZA Liquidation fee||
|Attested Board Resolution for Liquidation||
|Newspaper publication both English & Arabic||
|Port and customs NOC||
AURION act as single window solution to close down Dubai Airport Freezone company with shortest possible time.