Dubai Airport Free Zone Company Formation
- Company Registration in DAFZA
Company Registration in DAFZA
Dubai Airport Freezone is located adjacent to Dubai International Airport and designed to provide premium facilities to the business fraternity worldwide. DAFZA companies can be incorporated starting from approx. cost of AED 19,770 for 6 sq.m Office (Smart Desk Package) and the License and can implement activities in the following sectors: Aviation Services, Logistics, IT, Trading, Manufacturing, Pharmaceutical, Engineering, Jewellery, Cosmetic Products and Food & Beverages.
Dubai Airport Free Zone Authority is one of the exclusive Free Trade Zone in Dubai and it has one of the easiest company formation processes. The requirements are minimal, the cost is reasonable, and has world-class business infrastructure.
In fact, the success of Dubai Airport Freezone truly reflects the success of Dubai. Now one of the most dynamic and diverse cities in the world, Dubai has become a forward-thinking, cosmopolitan and advanced destination.
Situated at a strategic location that provides access to 2.5 billion consumers across Europe, Asia, and the Middle East, it’s no surprise that companies thrive here. Dubai Airport Freezone prides itself on its state-of-the-art facilities and location. What makes Dubai Free Zone stand out though is the tailor-made Company Registration Packages and the host of investor benefit it offers.
The commitment to delivering quality across the Company Registration process is even recognized by worldwide certificates held by Dubai Airport Freezone: ISO 9001:2008, ISO 14001:2004, OHSAS 18001:2007, ISO 27001:2005, ISO 10002:2004 and ISO 20000-1:2005.
In addition to various regional and international awards, Dubai Airport Freezone ranked 2nd in the world and 1st in the Middle East by Financial Times FDI Magazine’s global ranking of the Freezones.
Another major advantage for the investor for choosing Dubai Airport Free Zone is connectivity. The integrated infrastructure and proximity to Dubai International Airport with 150 airlines and over 220 destinations make traveling to and from your office simple and straightforward for you, your employees and your clients.
Since Dubai Airport Freezone businesses operate around the clock, there is 24-hour customer service and rapid cargo clearance through a dedicated logistics center to facilitate easy trade.
WORLD EXPO 2020 & Dubai Airport Freezone
There is an unprecedented rush of investors to set up a company in this Freezone since the announcement of Dubai as the city to host World Expo 2020. AURION renders full support to investors for company formation, leasing office, visas, chamber registration etc.
How to register a Freezone Company in DAFZA?
DAFZA Company Registration – Features
- The current rate of the office area is AED 2000 per sq. m.
- The minimum area available is 6.65 sq. m (Smart Desk Office Package).
- 5-star Infrastructures & Amenities.
- Strategical location for business.
- Easy access to Dubai Airport.
- The total cost for Smart Desk Office Package (office rent, license, registration, and associated fees) – Approximate AED 19,770 (USD 5,416) [Offer Price, valid until 31 March 2020].
- The timespan for obtaining a license is approximate 7 days.
- Visa Assistance will be provided by AURION.
- VAT (Value Added Tax) exempted free zone.
Types of Companies approved by DAFZA:
- Free Zone Company (FZCO), starting from 2 and up to 50 shareholders, for both individuals or companies or both. The requirement for capital is depending on the activity. FZCO 2-50 Shareholders.
- Branch of an Existing foreign company in Dubai Airport Free Zone – No special requirements for share capital.
- Subsidiary company – A foreign company can own 100% Shares of a Dubai Freezone company.
Dubai Airport Freezone License Packages
Smart Office Package Details
|Description||Smart Desk Package
Fee (in AED)
|Business Desk Office Package
Fee (in AED)
|Office Area||6.65 Sq.m Office||12 Sq.m Office|
|Rent (including service charge)||16,625||24,000|
|Registration Fee (for FZCO only & one-time fee)||7,000||7,000|
|Knowledge & Innovation Fee||60||60|
|Total cost||AED 41,790||AED 49,165|
Note:- Office insurance non inclusive.
Freezone License Packages in DAFZA (Subject to Availability)
|Description||Premium Package Fee ( in AED)||Premium Plus Package Fee ( in AED)|
25 Sqm Office Space
50 Sqm Office Space
|Rent (including service charge)||
|Registration Fee ( for FZCO only & onetime fee)||
|Knowledge & Innovation Fee||
*Rent Calculated based on office area
General Trading License Package in DAFZA
Premium Office – 50 sqm office space including furniture and telephone equipment. 5-6 visa quota (visa cost is separate)
|DESCRIPTIONS||FEE IN AED|
|Office Area: 50 Sqm
Rate – 1-year Lease AED 2,000 per sqm – Annual fee
|General Trading License Fee – Annual Fee||50,000|
|Registration Fees – onetime payment||20,000|
|P.O Box / Annual (Not Mandatory if there’s an existing PO BOX) – Annual fee||1,065|
|Memorandum of Association fee: AED 3,000||Free for a new company only|
|Parking Fee (optional)||920|
|TOTAL ( Excluding Parking Fee & Memorandum of Association Fee)||171,065|
* General Trading License in DAFZA requires a minimum of 50 sqm office space.
* It is also required to deposit the Share Capital of AED 500,000
The required documents/details: Individual Shareholder/s:
- 3 Proposed company names and Brief Business activity 1 page is enough
- Passport copies of all the Shareholders – must be clear and colored copy
- 6 months personal bank statement – each shareholder
- CV or Profile of the shareholders/authorized manager (highlighting the business/work experiences)
New License Structure in DAFZA
There is a new License Structure now available in the Dubai Airport Free Zone for Company registration. Now, customers can choose activities from Trading, Service, and Industrial under the same license.
The primary type for the Business License will be determined as below.
|Activities||Primary Type for License|
|Trade + Service||Trade|
|Industrial + Service||Industrial|
|Trade + Industrial||Trade|
|Trade + Service + Industrial||Trade|
To know more about new License Structure and Fees of adding new business activities, talk to our expert consultants here!
Visa Cost in DAFZA
Employment Visa Cost in DAFZA is AED 5,407 (Including employment Visa Inside country application, residency stamp, medical test, visa status change, Emirates ID and urgent visa stamping).
Warehouse in DAFZA
1. LIGHT INDUSTRIAL UNITS (LIU) – (Inside Dubai Airport Free Zone): 350 sq.m ( there is approx.. 80-90 sq.m office space (Ground / mezzanine floor) already inside of warehouse unit).
Area: 353sq.m standard unit (80 – 90 sq.m is already office area)
Rate: AED 1,100 per sq.m + 10% Service Charge
Visa: 20 employment visas as entitlement
2. DAFZA Industrial Park: Dafza industrial park is a new cluster of warehouses under the administration of Dubai Airport Freezone. Which is 5 km away from Dubai Airport Free Zone Main office (Al Qusais, Dubai), it will take 10- 15 mins drive distance. The average unit is around 330 – 400 sq.m
Area: from 335 sq.m and above
Rate: AED 800 per sq.m
Visa: depended on the size of the unit. It is from 20 to 30 employment visas as entitlement.
Required documents for Company Formation in DAFZA
- Application Form – provided by Aurion
- Passport copy (shareholders, manager) along with residence visa page
(Optional) Passport copies of directors and secretary.
- No Objection Letter from Sponsor (for UAE based company only)
- 6 month’s personal bank statement
- Application Form – provided by Aurion
- Passport copy (shareholders, manager) along with residence visa page (Optional) Passport copies of directors and secretary
- Company profile/brochure or CV
- Audited Financial Report
- Notarized & Attested Certificate of Incorporation, MOA & POA
- Shareholders Resolution calling for the establishment of FZCO in DAFZA – provided by Aurion
How Aurion Will Assist You?
Our team of experts will support you in the following tasks involved in the Company Formation in DAFZA Free Zone.
- Preparation & Submission of Application Preparation / Review of Memorandum of Association Preparation / Review of Lease Agreement
- Assisting in Legal Attestation of Documents
- Liaison with Legal Department, Lease & Licensing Department.
- Company Bank Account Opening Assistance
- Obtaining Original Trade License
- Obtaining attested Original Memorandum of Association
- Obtaining the Original Lease Agreement
- Obtaining Certificate of Formation
- Obtaining Board Resolution
- Obtaining office keys
Timeline for Company Incorporation in DAFZA Freezone – 3-4 working days
Dubai Airport Freezone Authority License Renewal Requirements and Fees
- License copy & fees AED 15,020
- Good Standing Certificate from the registrar of the Mother Company (notarized and attested by the UAE Embassy from origin country and ministry of foreign affairs in UAE) for FZE & FZCO non-individual and branch only.
- Original Audited Financial Reports. (in case of delayed Audit Financial Report you may submit: undertaking letter from the company mentioning submission date, Appointment letter from the Audit company)
- Original Letter from the insurance company (workmen compensation insurance, fire and allied perils insurance, third party liability insurance minimum AED 2,000,000/-) undertaking letter can be submitted in case of delay of insurance.
AURION is a registered agent of Dubai Airport Freezone and provides entire assistance to investors, acting as a single window clearance agency.
PRO Service in Dubai Airport Freezone
Our expert professionals with uptodate knowledge act as PRO in Dubai Freezone. They get all the work done without any hassle to the Clients. Our team is having direct contact with various departments in Dubai Airport Freezone which makes it easy to expedite the process. We provide service in Company License renewal, Audit report arrangement, residence visa assistance in airport freezone, family visa assistance, tax residency certificate, VAT filing assistance, attestations, driving license assistance, bank account opening in dubai etc.
Termination / Winding Up / Closing Down of DAFZA Company
Closing company in DAFZA is a relatively hassle-free process for the investors. The Business owner must submit a notification to the authorities at least 3 months before to avoid any late fees.
Also, the investor/directors must issue a board resolution stating the closing of the company and then proceed with the next steps.
Aurion will assist you in the end-to-end process of company closing process in DAFZA and ensures investors the closing of company is processed the right way.
Following are the documents and procedure required for closing of DAFZA Company.
- Submitting the Company Closing request to the DAFZA Authorities
- Appointment of Liquidator for coordination of company closing
- Preparing Board Resolution by investor/directors for closing down company
- Clearance letters: NOCs from Etisalat, Customs
- Bank Account shall be authorized by Authorized Signatory
- Publishing in Local Arabic and English Newspapers
- Closing the audited balance sheet and settling creditors
- Cancelling employee visa and initiating final settlements
Termination / Liquidation Fee for DAFZA Company
The company closing fees for DAFZA is approx. AED 9,790 inclusive of liquidation fee, attested board resolution, newspaper publication, port & customs NOC etc.
Connect with our expert Business Consultants to know further about the Company Closing procedures in DAFZA.
|DAFZA Liquidation fee||
|Attested Board Resolution for Liquidation||
|Newspaper publication both English & Arabic||
|Port and customs NOC||
AURION act as single window solution to close down Dubai Airport Freezone company with shortest possible time.