JAFZA (Jebel Ali Free Zone Authority)
- Company Formation in JAFZA
Jebel Ali Free Zone Authority Company Formation
JAFZA (Jebel Ali Freezone Authority) Company Formation
Jebel Ali Free zone is the oldest Free zone built adjacent to the largest man-made port in the region. This reputed free zone is the home of more than 7000 companies.
JAFZA is situated within minutes from the Dubai International Airport, the world’s top 10 busiest cargo airport, with the capacity to handle 2.7 million metric tons a year as well as being adjacent to Al Maktoum Airport, which is developing towards its goal of being the largest cargo airport in the world.
This logistics platform itself is impressive enough; however, Jafza adds yet another layer by creating a single, customs bonded area between Jebel Ali Port and Al Maktoum Airport.
JAFZA is one of the largest growing free zones, a thriving business center with over 7,100 companies from 120 countries around the world. Strategically situated, Jafza offers enviable access to the world’s seventh largest port, the region’s extensive highway network, Dubai International Airport and even the Al Maktoum International Airport that’s just a short drive away. Little wonder then, that JAFZA can offer the fastest sea-air-land trans-shipment, on-site customs clearance and access to a market of over two billion customers.
Company Formation in JAFZA
In order to set up a company in Jafza; the following documents are required:
- Application for Facility
- Passports copy of each Individual (Share Holders and Managers)
- Bank Reference for each individual
- Project Summary
- Parent Company’s Profile (In case of Branch formation)
- Application for Registration a Free Zone Company “FZCO” (In case of establishing a FZCO)
- Application for Registration a Free Zone Establishment “FZE” (In case of establishing a FZE).
- A one time non-refundable application fee of Dhs. 500
The type of formation is depending on the number of shareholders:
- Multiple shareholders
2 to 50 shareholders could register a Free Zone Company (FZCo) in Jebel Ali Free Zone. It could be individuals (2 to 50 people), non-individuals (2 to 50 companies) or either.
- Single shareholder
Both individual or a company as a single shareholder can set up a Free Zone Establishment (FZE) in Jafza.
- Existing established company
It could be opened a branch in Free Zone, which parent company is already registered outside Jebel Ali Free Zone. It should be owned by 100% by the parent company, and has the same name and implement the same activities.
Types of Licenses
Jafza issues various types of company licences such as:-
- General Trading License
- Trading License – trading activities
- Industrial License – manufacturing activities
- Service License – services activities
- E-commerce License – buying and selling of goods and services over electronic networks via any electronic means.
- National Industrial License To carry out manufacturing activities where at least 51% of the ownership is of national(s) of a AGCC country.
- Innovation License – development of new products and services
- Offshore Registration – to register offshore company in UAE.
|License Type||Annual Fee in AED|
|Trading License (Type 1)
7 products max from one group
|Trading License (Type 2)
12 products maximum from 2 groups
|General Trading License||15,000|
|Service License (Branch of UAE based company only)||5,000|
|Logistic license (Branch of UAE based company only)||15,000|
|Industrial License 7 products||5,000|
|Industrial License 12 products||8,500|
Legal Structure of JAFZA Companies
1. Free Zone Establishment (FZE) and Free Zone Company (FZCO):
- Applicants can avail of Jafza’s unique offer of forming a company as a separate legal entity
- An FZE can be with a single shareholder with a minimum capital of AED 1 million
- An FZCO can be formed with 2 to 5 shareholders with a minimum capital of AED 500,000.
2. Branch Company:
3. Special Status Non-Resident Offshore Companies
Company formation expenses
Expenses generally depends on Activities selected and Facility (Office/Warehouse/land) taken. Roughly, Trade License, registration charges with a 38 sq m Office will cost approx AED 86,000.
Aurion will charge separate fee for its entire assistance in registering Companies, depending on the complexity of incorporation.
Process & Procedure
- Submission of Passport Copy, Application, Identifying Activity codes, Founder Information Form & Payment of AED 500
- Obtaining Initial Approval after 7 days
- Submission of Legal documents like Board Resolution, Memorandum of Association, Specimen Signature, making Payments.
- Obtaining Letter to open Company Bank Account
- Submission of Capital Certificate from bank & Signing Lease Agreement
- Obtaining Trade License, Certificate of Incorporation & Share Certificates, Office Keys.
JAFZA offers a range of products specifically designed to meet a variety of needs.
1. Business Park
- Fully equipped offices ready to go
Business Park provides ready-to-use, fully furnished and equipped offices, with no set up cost, designed for your short term or long term use.
SQM / YEAR (AED)
|INSURANCE/ YEAR (AED)||NAME PLATE
(ONE TIME FEE) (AED)
23,000 – 30,000
- High-grade offices for your business
JAFZA offers office space for lease spread over a range of high and low rise facilities. Office clusters within JAFZA are conveniently located to ensure easy access for both staff and visitors and each office area leased is unfurnished, ensuring each customer the ability to express their own individual style.
|PRODUCT||AREA (SQM)||ANNUAL RENT
|INSURANCE / YEAR (AED)||NAME PLATE
(ONE TIME FEE) (AED)
|Standard office G+1||26.88||2000||100/unit||500|
|Jafza 14, 15, 16, 17||As per request||2000 – 2500||4/sqm||500|
|Jafza View 18 & 19||As per request||2100 – 2500||4/sqm||500|
|Jafza One||As per request||2100 – 2600||4/sqm|
- Pre Built warehouses to suite your storage need.
JAFZA offers pre-built warehouses to meet customer’s need for high quality storage and light manufacturing. The pre-built warehouses are high quality, thermally insulated purpose built units available on a rental basis. Units fitted with office space.
|PRODUCT||AREA (SQM)||ANNUAL RENT SQM/YEAR (AED)||INSURANCE / YEAR (AED)||NAME PLATE (ONE TIME FEE) (AED)|
|Warehouses (10 KVA) & (74 KVA)||
450 – 600
500 – 700
4. Plots of Land
- Plots of land with ready infrastructure to develop your new facility.
JAFZA provides plots of various sizes for short and long term lease, ideal for companies wishing to construct their own facility. Each land site varies from 5,000 sqm to larger sizes according to the specific requirements of individual customers.
AURION’s expert professional team does A to Z work in incorporation of JAFZA Companies and obtaining Trade License and other Legal Documents.
Company Liquidation in JAFZA
Jebel Ali Free Zone Company De-Registration Process
To close the company in Jebel Ali Freezone , Client should prepare the required documents and submit it in the Freezone.
The following documents should be provided:
- Owner’s Declaration or Board Resolution regarding the De-registration with Liquidator details
- If the company is a Branch company the Board Resolution should be notarized and attested
- Original Certificate of Formation & Original Share Certificate (in case the share capital deposited) should be returned
- Liquidation Report
- All outstanding dues should be cleared and obtain the clearance from JAFZA Finance Department
- For Facility like Warehouse & Plot the Client should provide clearance, final bill and receipt of payment from DEWA NOC from Etisalat, Customs Department and Road and Transport Authority (if applicable) should also be provided.
** Please note that all the active visas under the company should be cancelled.
JAFZA De-registration Fees
|DESCRIPTION||FEE IN AED|
|De-registration Fee for FZCO & FZE||5,000|
|Advertisement for License Cancellation||1,500|
|If the license is expired there will be AED 1,000 charged every 30 days as penalty|