Dubai Design District
-Open the door to success.
Dubai Design District
Dubai Design District or popularly known as “d3”, is a free zone created as a regional center for the design industry in the Middle East. It was established on 2013 by the UAE’s Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai, Sheikh Mohamed bin Rashid al Maktoum. It offers state of the art & creative offices tailored to fashionable business needs.
d3 provides individuals and companies with the option to establish free zone entity or register mainland business. They also provide freelance permits to provide business opportunities to the young artists and designers.
Types of companies:
- FZ-LLC – incorporated with single shareholder, and should have one Director, with the particular capital requirements, and owned by 51% by local partner.
- Branch office of an existing UAE company – owned by 51% by local partner, should be involved in the same business activities as parent company.
- Branch office of an existing foreign company – should be a branch of existing parent company without any requirements to share capital.
- Freelance license – for single practitioner, could provide services under his name as a brand name.
The minimum paid up share capital requirement in d3 is AED 50,000. The set-up costs are as follows:
- License cost at AED 15,010 per segment (may vary dependent on the segment and activity chosen)
- Payment of 25% of the total annual office rent (the balance will be paid in 3 installments by Post dated cheques)
For commercial office space,they have 3 product classes with the current following prices:
- Courtyard View AED 110 per sq ft per yr
- Standard View AED 130 per sqft per yr
- Burj View AED 165 per sqft per yr
*This price includes the service charge but excludes DEWA & Chiller (a/c) charges which you will have to pay for separately. Visa quota – 1 visa per 8 sq. m
- Registration fee – AED 3,510 (one-time fee)
Required Documents from the Shareholder/s, Director/s and Manager:
- Passport copy – at least 6 months valid
- Residence visa copy – if applicable
- NOC from the current visa sponsor – if applicable
- passport size photos
- Original Bank Reference letter
- Business Plan – format can be provided by us
Steps for Incorporation:
- PROVISIONAL APPROVAL (5 working days but depending on license segment)
-d3 will evaluate the application and will inform if any external regulatory approval is required. Once approval is done, d3 will issue the Provisional Approval Letter.
- COMPANY REGISTRATION (2 working days)
-d3 will check the legal documents and will issue a Customer Confirmation letter pertaining to the leasing of the premises in the zone.
- CUSTOMER CONFIRMATION LETTER, PAYMENTS & SHARE CAPITAL (2 Working days)
- SIGNING OF LEASE, SIGNING OF PERSONNEL SPONSORSHIP AGREEMENT & COLLECTION OF LICENSE
- You can operate your company in mainland and freezone as well;
- Mainland companies could be licensed by d3 and use all the facilities of freezones.
Register your company in Dubai with the team of professional consultants – Aurion. We will give you clear understanding of registration process and assist you in every step