How to Change Registered Agent of an Offshore Company?
-Open the door to success.
How to Change Registered Agent of an Offshore Company?
Offshore Companies in Ras Al Khaimah (RAK) are governed by the RAK ICC Offshore Jurisdiction. RAK ICC is one of the most secure and trusted offshore jurisdictions in the UAE that offers exceptional investor benefits.
RAK ICC Offshore Company can be formed in 2-3 Days and has a simplified company setup process. The Investor is eligible for a property purchase in Dubai under the company as per recent UAE business laws.
RAK Offshore has a secured business infrastructure, confidentiality for investor profile, 100% legal company documents, Registered agent support, and many more business benefits.
Why Should You Approach a Trusted Registered Agent for Offshore Company Setup?
Firstly, it is important to note that for setting up an Offshore Company in any jurisdiction, you must approach an OFFSHORE REGISTERED AGENT for that respective jurisdiction.
5 Step Checklist to Select the Right Registered Agent for Offshore Company Setup
- Reputation and legal Know-how of the Registered Agent
- Qualification and Knowledge of the Agent
- Ease of Accessibility of the Agent – Phone/Email/Direct Office visit
- Number of Staff handling the incorporation of Offshore Company and related matters
- Promptness in reply to the query from the client
The investor must do a thorough study on the Registered Agent’s credibility, legal know-how, and service experience. Also, the local presence and liaising contacts with the Government Authorities are to be reviewed in detail.
To ensure you are with the right Agent, request the Service License before starting the engagement for setting up your Offshore Company.
What are the Common Reasons to Change your RAK Offshore Registered Agent?
Over time, the clients may find it difficult to carry on with the Agent due to several reasons such as:
- Not responding promptly – No timely notifications on company renewals, or delay in any other communication
- Lack of adequate legal know-how on preparing company documents, shareholder resolution, Memorandum of Association (MOA), Article of Association (AOA), etc.
- Missing level of support on administrative matters, legal issues, bank account opening assistance, etc.
- Excessive fees for low-quality services offered
- Agent Absconding
In the above cases, clients can request No Objection Certificate (NOC) from their current Registered Agent. The Registered Agent is bound to provide the NOC to the client immediately. If the Agent is not providing NOC within a reasonable time, clients can submit the matter before the Registrar of RAK ICC.
What is the Procedure for Change of Registered Agent for RAK Offshore Company?
- Obtaining the No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the current Agent
- Prepare the board resolution stating the change of Agent
- Prepare the Addendum of Memorandum of Association & Article of Association
- Prepare the RAKICC Change of Agent Application form
- Submit the original documents to the RAK ICC Offshore jurisdiction
- Obtain the change of registered agent and company documents from the RAK ICC Offshore authorities.
What are the Documents required for Change of Offshore Agent in RAKICC?
- Application form for Agent change from RAK ICC
- Fees for Amendment of Agent Address (Approx.1200 AED, Contact our Offshore Expert for the exact quote)
- No Objection Certificate from the current agent
- Original Memorandum of Association and Article of Association (agent copy)
- Copy of Certificate of Incorporation
- Copy of latest Good Standing Certificate
- Copy of Passport of Shareholder/Directors/ Secretary
- Copy of Emirates ID & UAE visa page of Shareholders/Directors/Secretary (Only for UAE Residents)
- Original Board Resolution
- Profiles of Shareholders/Directors/Secretary
Things to Know – How to Change the Registered Agent for your RAK Offshore Company?
For a RAK ICC Company to change the Registered Agent, the address in the Company documents has to be changed to the new agent. The change request must be submitted to the RAK ICC Authorities and the file must be updated.
The appointment of the agent must be done in conjunction will all shareholder’s agreement. The appointment of the agent has to be collectively made through legal documentation.
The Offshore Company must prepare a Shareholder resolution stating the Change of Agent. The same has to be submitted along with other supporting documents to the RAKICC Authorities.
Changes in Offshore Company Address to be amended in all Company Documents & RAKICC Companies’ Registry
The change of the registered agent is to be filed in the Companies’ Registry of RAK ICC Offshore companies in the UAE.
Necessary amendments are to be made in the company’s memorandum and articles on agent and address change. Also, If the Registered Agent changes the address, all the Offshore Companies under the Agent must change their registered address respectively.
The legal entity must file the address change stating the present and new address of the company. The Registered Agent must remain the custodian of all the legal documents of the Offshore company.
One copy of Offshore company documents must remain with the Registered Agent
One copy of documents such as the Register of Directors & Shareholders, Memorandum of Association, Article of Association, Notices, Minutes of the Meeting, Resolutions, etc. shall be stored in the Registered Agent’s office according to the regulations.
Also, the Offshore Company’s Bank Account details, Invoices, Contracts, and similar documents must remain with the Registered Agent at least for Five years since incorporating the Offshore Company.
The Offshore company must prepare a legal contract with the Registered Agent. The contract has to be signed by the shareholders, signatories, or company director or by the duly authorized person.
Legal Address of the Offshore Company
The Legal Address of the Offshore Company will be the Registered Agent’s office address in UAE. However, investors are free to have their own private address for correspondence. They can also avail virtual address facility from the numerous business centres operating within UAE and outside.
How Will AURION Assist Your Offshore Company in RAK?
AURION is a Registered Agent for RAK ICC Offshore Companies. With 13 years of track record, we have incorporated more than 4500+ companies in the UAE Mainland, Free Zone, and Offshore.
We have a dedicated team of Business Consultants that will handle all your administrative works of the Offshore Company.
Also with Aurion, you will receive a host of additional business benefits such as legal assistance for preparing the MOA/AOA, Shareholder Resolution, Top Address in Dubai, Dedicated Consultant for your company administration tasks, secured document storage (Digital & Physical Vaults), and 100% service delivery guarantee.
To know more connect with our Expert Offshore Business Consultants right away!
Contact Us: Aurion Business Consultants