Tax Residence Certificate in UAE
- Avoid the Double Taxation of Income
Tax Residence Certificate in UAE
In UAE, the Tax Residence Certificate is issued by the International Financial Relations and Organizations Department of the Ministry of Finance. Tax Residence Certificate is issued to companies and individuals who are UAE residents to avoid the Double Taxation of income earned in the UAE.
UAE has signed the Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement (DTAA) with more than 100 Countries to protect UAE residents from Double Taxation and promote cross -country trade and strengthen business relations with other countries of the world.
Eligibility to Apply for the Tax Residence (Tax Domicile) Certificate
Individuals: The Individual must be a UAE resident and must be in UAE for at least 183 days in a year.
Companies: The company must be operating in UAE for at least one year.
Resident companies in UAE – Free Zone and Mainland companies are eligible to apply for Tax Residence Certificate in UAE.
However, an offshore company is considered outside the scope of the Tax Residence Certificate as it is not a resident company of UAE. Also, the Branch of a Foreign Company does not qualify for a Tax Residence Certificate, there is an exemption to this if the shareholder of the foreign company is a UAE resident.
Documents Required for Applying for Tax Residence Certificate in UAE
Documents required to be submitted along with the Application for Tax Residence Certificate in UAE
- Passport copy & Valid Residence Visa Copy (Emirates ID)
- Certified Tenancy Contract for Proof of Residence
- Bank Statement for at least 6 months (for the year which Tax Residence Certificate is required)
- Source of income/ Salary Certificate
- Exit & Entry Report – Immigration Report for stating the duration
For the Companies
- Valid Trade License Copy
- Company Documents – Articles of Association, Incorporation Certificate, Memorandum of Association, etc.
- Company Owners/Partners/ Director Passport, Residence Visa & Emirates ID copy
- Audited Financial Account Statements and Audit Report of the company
- Bank Statement for at least 6 months
- Tenancy Contract of Office Space to state the proof of residence
The validity of the Tax Residence Certificate: The Tax Residence Certificate is valid for One Year from the Date of Issuance.
How to Apply for the Tax Residence Certificate in UAE?
- Partner with Aurion Business Consultants, talk to our Experts about your Business Activity, company structure, TRC requirements, and prepare the application form
- Our team will assist you with the documentation process required to be submitted to the Ministry of Finance to obtain the Tax Residence Certificate
- Make the required payment, get the documents prepared, attested, and organized to submit to the Ministry of Finance, UAE
- Once the documents are assessed by the authorities, the Tax Residence Certificate will be issued in 7-10 working days
How Will Aurion Assist You?
Aurion will assist you in preparing the required documentation for the Tax Residence Certificate in UAE. Our professionally trained Business Consultants will provide advisory services to businesses and individuals to apply for Tax Residence Certificate (TRC) the right way.
We assist you with:
- Preparation of application forms and document checklist to apply for the TR Certificate
- Auditing, accounting, and bookkeeping to track and tally your company’s finances
- Advising on the investment structures to enhance the tax savings through effective company formation in UAE
- Leverage the benefits of Double Taxation Agreements to optimize taxes and save money for the business
- Coordinate with Government Authorities to obtain the Tax Residence Certificate for your Business
To know more about Obtaining a Tax Residence Certificate in UAE for you or your company, talk to our expert Business Consultants right away!